For Sekerpare :
1 cup of unsalted butter (in room temperature)
1 cup of caster sugar
4 tablespoons of semolina
2 tablespoons of coconut
4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of baking powder
For Sweetened Juice:
3 cups of sugar
4 cups of water
Half lemon juice
Preparing Sekerpare :
1. Mix 1 cup of margarine, 1 cup of caster sugar, 4 tablespoons of semolina, 2 tablespoons of coconut, 2 eggs, 4 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 teaspoon of baking powder and make a soft dough. (add flour little by little)
2. Take small pieces from dough like making a cookie , round & flatten them and put them on a tray after placing 1 nut at the center of each cookie.
3. Bake them in a preheated oven.
Preparing the Sweetened Juice :
1. Boil 3 cups of sugar and 4 cups of water in a pot. 5 minutes after boiling add the lemon juice and let it boil another few minutes.
2. Let the liquid get warm some time.
3. After the cookies are baked, wait for 3 minutes after you take them out from the oven. After 3 minutes drench the cookies with warm liquid (the vital spot is ; the cookies have to be hot, liquid has to be warm)
4. Close another tray onto the top of the cookie tray and make them wait until you serve.