Last night I could at last make a cake. I used the recipe that Sibel (sibel suslu) sent to another mailgroup. I had tried the recipe in Mom's recipe book twice before but it never turned out the way I wanted it to be. But this time, since the ingredients were fewer, the cakes fit my small cake cups exactly. Since Sibel gave a detailed explanation, the preparation wasn't difficult at all. The baking time for the recipe below is 40 mins. If you are going to use small cups you can lower the time to 30 mins. If you are going to use a large baking pan for the whole cake, you can double the ingredients. Thanks for the recipe Sibel!
· 6 dried figs
· 1 tablespoon of margarine
· 1 glass of water
· 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
· 2 eggs
· 1 glass of granulated sugar
· 1 glass of flour
· 1 teaspoon of baking powder
· Wash the figs and chop into tiny bits.
· Melt the margarine in a pan, add the water, cinnamon and the figs. Boil them until the figs start to melt a bit.
· Meanwhile, using a mixer, mix the eggs ans sugar in high speed. Add the fig mixture bit by bit, and slowly mix with a spoon.
· Add the flour and baking powder, mix them roughly with a spoon, and pour the mixture in a baking pan that you have coated with margarine. Bake at 180 degrees for 40 mins.
Note: The recipe doesn't include coconut powder but you can sprinkle over the cakes if you like.